Monday, November 7, 2011

A Tertiary Security Precaution (Until 2nd Password comes out)

As shared and requested from a fellow guild leader, I believe it is in a positive perspective for those who are concerned with Security Issues and recent Mass hacking in Vindictus follow this 3rd method of protection.

The new forums that Vindictus has released, once again has no SSL, hence hackers are still able to inject SQL readings into database and steal login/password info.  It is HIGHLY SUGGESTED FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WISH TO PROTECT YOUR ACCOUNTS make a 2ndary mule or random account to use in the forums.
In other words, please refrain from logging into the FORUMS with your main account.

Personally, I have made a separate mule account just to log in forums.  When I use NX, I change to the Nexon Billing page as it states it has SSL for login.  Other than these methods, I only use clientside (.exe) to login into the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment